1.9.14

If only guys were 1/2 an Augustus Waters

  Disclaimer: This written blog post is merely based on my personal preferences. I do not force upon you my liking towards TFIOS. And last but not least, as much as I understand the book is purely fictional, I'm just sharing my views here. If you do not agree, it is perfectly fine. Thank you in advance x

So I recently read The Fault In Our Stars , surprisingly late, as much as you realized.(I'm hoping you have even ever heard of it because um.... It was a recent trend, being "Tumblr material") I would say it was actually much a literature piece, worth the read. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to start going on about how good the book is, how romantic it is and how much it appealed to me blah di blah. (Google does the job)

  Instead, I would rather touch on how TFIOS is the ideal guide-to-be-a-gentleman handbook. In fact, it would certainly save us girls from heartbreaks if guys were half an Augustus Waters. In short, Augustus is the ideal guy most girls would die for. (Yes, including me)
  
  I think our current generation hast that "fast-food" concept. Everything starts and develops quickly... and of course ends rather instantly too. With the ease of communication through social media and social platforms, from confessing to girls to courtships, everything is hella easy. It definitely spares us the excess embarrassment red-tomato-cheeks kind of confessions but uhm, WHERE IS THE SINCERITY?

  Just look at how Augustus confessed to Hazel Grace.

  ""I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” 
― John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars

Yes guys nowadays really lack that kind of sincerity. Old-fashioned and cliche as it may be but we girls crave that sort heartfelt words. We girls like to know we are loved. And no we do not need corny pickup lines like: are you a pencil, cause we are meant 2B. They aren't the least bit sincere. And they sound more like you copy-pasted them straight out your grandpa's 1989 paperback print handbook of pickup lines.

  Our era of guys needs to know not everything can be forged through Whatsapp and text messages. Sometimes you need to also go the extra mile. Oops I may have deviated a little but yes. Then there was this particular part in the book where Augustus texted Hazel Grace that he couldn't decide what to wear. " Button-down or polo?"  And 30 seconds later Gus stood outside Hazel's doorstep in a button-down. Apparently he bothered to ask for her opinion and even brought along 2 shirts. It shows that Gus actually took Hazel seriously and he wanted her to know. (Yet another to-die-for trait of Augustus Waters!)

  I could actually go on and on and on about how guys should be an Augustus waters. (If not at least 1/2 an Augustus) Hence I think it would only be appropriate that we come to a halt this instance. I'm really afraid I might toss and turn in bed tonight, wishing I could meet an Augustus, so it's for my good. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment